• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Let's see your CB750

there's even "pointless ignition"....but tubeless tyres not for this one....
My '79 has ComStar wheels on it. Supposed to be able to run them tubeless, but the shop that did my tires said they couldn't find valve stems that would fit the holes. Worked out okay, because the tires I had ordered came with new tubes and I didn't even realize that when I ordered them.

Well, my son got the bug as well. It's not a 750, but a 71 CB350K. About 9 hours round trip to get it. He's already started going through and getting a better assessment of what it's going to need.

Attachments

• 20230902_110940.jpg
    20230902_110940.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230902_110926.jpg
    20230902_110926.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230902_110918.jpg
    20230902_110918.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 52
Well, my son got the bug as well. It's not a 750, but a 71 CB350K. About 9 hours round trip to get it. He's already started going through and getting a better assessment of what it's going to need.
Fun little bikes, there actually is a little aftermarket support for these motors.

Fun little bikes, there actually is a little aftermarket support for these motors.
Good thing. He's going to need it. Did a compression test and the R cylinder was at 90, L one at 150. Drained the oil and found some metal chunks. Pulled the motor and going to pull it apart and figure out what happened to this thing.

Attachments

• 20230903_193755.jpg
    20230903_193755.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 50
Good thing. He's going to need it. Did a compression test and the R cylinder was at 90, L one at 150. Drained the oil and found some metal chunks. Pulled the motor and going to pull it apart and figure out what happened to this thing.
This has the potential to be one of your great father-son events. Good luck!

I have worked on them before so you can message if you have questions I may be able to help.

this kill switch was bugging the heck out of me. so the other day i took the switch apart and painted it. not the exact color but better than the faded pink look.

Attachments

• C1059DC4-DCD1-4310-B18E-1744865CC8C7.jpeg
    C1059DC4-DCD1-4310-B18E-1744865CC8C7.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 54
1000003743.jpg

Been working on stopping the valve cover from leaking.
I want to keep the original look of the bike but make it more sleek. I modified the instrument cluster to attach it's mount under the triple tree bracket, and then added collars to drop it another inch or so. Then lowered the ignition switch via collars as well. Lowered the headlight to make room with aftermarket mounts.
Taillight has integrated blinkers. Had to resolder the brake light wires to the circuit board (cheap Chinese work).
The switches made it look bulky, too, so I wired in a 3-button momentary switch on each side, with bar end mirrors and new grips.
The front fender is from a nighthawk. Seat was off when taking the pic, unfortunately.

Whoa. That is one clean machine. I like how the fender is black but the headlight is chrome.
It's amazing how new a bike can look with clean spokes and rims.

NOOB to the forum. Howdy.

Picked up this 1977 K model back in March.
7800 miles
Previous owner power washed the tank decal.
I will repaint and re-decal it sometime.

Just returned to start some work on it.
Fixed the clutch-side mirror with a machined shrink to fit post.
Painted the interior headlight bucket. which I kinda like the metallic black.

Runs, Rides, Has the luggage rack and sissy-bar.

Only a small issue where it pops out of 1st 50% of the time. :)
So will have to pull the motor. flip the case upside down and replace the fork, or the entire gear assembly as a set just to be sure they are all the same fit.

Attachments

• 750k.jpg
    750k.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • mirror fix.jpg
    mirror fix.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 750 headlight bucket.jpg
    750 headlight bucket.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
New bike! K8. Awesome.
Popping out of first could just be that the clutch free-play needs adjusting. Those clutch friction disks last way longer than the miles on your bike.

EDIT: The tank looks good from here?

New bike! K8. Awesome.
Popping out of first could just be that the clutch free-play needs adjusting. Those clutch friction disks last way longer than the miles on your bike.

EDIT: The tank looks good from here?
Thanks. The tank clear is coming off. Some rust in some bare spots.
Decals blown off in some areas. I just can make anything look good with the right camera angle :)
Seller took it to a shop, but I've not looked yet into it much, but will check free play. Would be nice if that's the case.
Slight chatter in the second gear on low speed.
Will wait for cooler weather and start looking more into it.

Alt.

Gears will certainly slip if the clutch cable is adjusted wrong. No free-play, etc. If you don't already have a manual, these days you can download one for free. Take a look here: http://manuals.sohc4.net/cb750k/
There's a K8 suppliment on that link too. 78' has some unique areas that may or may not align with the pages dealing with the older years.

If you end up needing to deal with the Honda decals, there is a decal removal tool, which is available at auto-paint stores (etc). It looks like a big round eraser on a drill arbor. Cost me...$20? One just needs to be careful not to "burn" (rub) through the paint. You want to save the paint as much as you can to serve as your primer base. Going down to bare metal is an epic pain in the kiester if you don't have all the trappings of an auto-painter.

The decal is under the clear-coat, so it will take time to get off. Start at the edge of the decal and work inward. If the base paint itself isn't too damaged and you don't have dents to contend with, you might be able to just remove the decal and save the paint.

Last edited:
Back