• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

79 CB750 - Starting issues, carburettor?

Update - I’ve ordered a rebuild kit for the carbs.
Got a mate with an ultrasonic cleaner so will organise to use that bad boy.

Not sure when I’ll get the chance to get everything done as I’m back at work now plus commitments.

Feeling optimistic now and got a new wind for this project.

Wish I ordered this stuff earlier

This one’s for you loose chain

Getting a jump on the disassembly while I wait for the new parts

Attachments

• IMG_7477.jpeg
    IMG_7477.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 26
Also figured out why the choke wasn’t working on carb 3&4
The rail is quite bent, does anyone have any tips for getting this straight again?

Attachments

• IMG_7473.jpeg
    IMG_7473.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7474.jpeg
    IMG_7474.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 22
Also figured out why the choke wasn’t working on carb 3&4
The rail is quite bent, does anyone have any tips for getting this straight again?
That could be straightened fairly easily. If not I probably have one I could send you with the airbox.

Check your messages. I located you an airbox in Sydney Australia that will fit your bike. He has CB900 parts but many including the airbox are the same. Should be an easy drive from where you are.

Last edited:
Let us know how it goes. He might have some other parts you may need. There was lots of parts in the two pictures in his ad. I saw he had a set of carbs also. If they are cheap they might be worth picking up for spares. A lot of CB900's had the same carbs. I have a set that came off a 900 for spare parts. You can't have too many spare parts when it comes to old bikes.

The other nice thing about buying those carbs is you now have a roadmap for putting yours back together.

Sold
Got the airbox and carbs for $180
Not sure when I’ll be able to pick up, Sydney is never an easy drive 😂

Thinking of buying a ultrasonic cleaner
What size would be sufficient for the carbs, and other bits in the future?

Good to here you found some parts. Ultrasonic cleaners are great. When cleaning parts they are never too big. The upside of a large one is obvious, more fits in. Down side of a large one is it takes longer to heat up. You could buy one that will be big enough to do one carb at a time, and they are cheap. Things to keep in mind are how much do you want to spend and how often will you use it. I have a 22 liter unit and I like it but I should have bought the 30 liter.. You can put all the carbs and their parts in at one time with room to spare with a 22 liter. Cost is always a factor when deciding.

Okay, that’s bigger then I had thought would be required, I was thinking like a 10L.
Might try and hold off and see if I can borrow one, trying to save some money this year

Back