• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Bike started running funny

Wickedfast17

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Bike was parked for a month to do some body work, tabk was removed and put back on, got new clutch perch and new throttle cables. Carb was disconnected to better install cables. Bike now feels like she is either starving its self at high rpm or something, carbs were cleaned at start of the season with a clean tank and always run good gas. What could be the issue? I have pod filters and 4 into one headers with no muffler

Ah, then your jets are wrong, then. You cannot jet for pods and expect that increased fuel to work with stock carbs and stock airbox.
Pull your spark plugs and check them. They're probably black and smell like fuel.

Ah, then your jets are wrong, then. You cannot jet for pods and expect that increased fuel to work with stock carbs and stock airbox.
Pull your spark plugs and check them. They're probably black and smell like fuel.
It has no airbox and like I stated it ran perfectly fine before it was parked, oh I have probably 2000 miles on this set up since I have purchased a bike with no issues at all or and I find it extremely odd it is only at high rpm, It doesn’t make sense to me that it could be jetted wrong after running so well for so long

If it ran with that set up, 2 things: what are your jets and filters, and something is up with your main jet perhaps. The first one is to help everybody else that wants to run pods. I think you need to break open your carbs and look at your needle and main jet. Those are affect your top end.

I am on my way back home right now and i will check when i get there, The pods are some knock off KNN look-alikes, but they have a great flow. Also I just remembered my left side crank case breather was plugged and I unplugged that, I can’t imagine letting the bottom end breathe better would affect how it runs in a negative way what I thought I should say mention while I remembered

Back