• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rejetting 82 with air pods

lkanellis

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey all! Forgive me for not using / understanding the proper terms to convey my questions. I'm new ro riding (3years) decided to get a bike to work on. Bought a semi modified 82 cb750 with air pods... after giving it the ol college try got it running. Was running super lean so got a carb rebuild kit.. clean it etc. Would start and run but was back firing and would dog out with lil throttle response. So I get to my question. After replacing the main jets from 105 to 120 (suggested from a YouTube video I watched) she now starts up hard like before but runs great aftrr 1800 rpms. Has a hanging idle after being warmed up. Should I up the size of the slow idle jets.. if possible ? Or am barking up the wrong tree?

Ps. Been reading a bunch from this forum, pumped to be part of the cb750 family!

You can try to tune the stock carbs with pods...but you'll literally never get them to run as well as the stock airbox and will make less horsepower and torque.

To run pod filters right, you have to swap the carbs out for direct-pulls and not CV carbs.

If you must run pods, you will need to increase the Slow Jet size (perhaps 2-3 sizes: 40,42) http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categ...ihin-pilot-jets/n424-26-series-pilot-jet.html

The CV carbs will be fine so long as the pod filter flange ID does not block the air ports in the carb bell
1685714759843.png

Attachments

• 1685714759843.png
    1685714759843.png
    868.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Back