78 CB750F trade

K2750tracy

K2750tracy
Reaction score
So i traded my 79F dragbike for this 78F yesterday, I'm very happy with this trade. It runs but still needs gone over, carbs cleaned and tuned up. Rear mastercylinder may need replaced, we'll see if i can rebuild it but looks doubtful. All in all it is in very nice condition for a 38 year old machine. I'm going to keep this one, looking forward to putting her back on the road. 037.jpg038.jpg039.jpg

That bike looks pretty clean. I have a 78 F parts bike. Dont know if the master is in any better shape though.

I have the mastercylinder off the bike and soaking in Marvel mystry oil hoping to remove the piston, not looking likely tho. I'm also in need of a left side cover. Ran the carbs thu the ultrasonic yesterday came out looking real nice, will rebuild later this week. draind the tank and was pleased it has only minor rust and varnish in it, a quick flush with Meatal Rescue will have it looking like new inside, the petcock is leaking so i will order a new one from CB750 Supply soon. I have a pamco ignition I bought for my 72 cafe' with the CB750 Supply monthly give away I had won and have not yet installed as the cafe' just keeps running well with the points, so i think i will install it into this bike instead.

I'll see if the master is stuck on mine. Once you get it running keep a close eye on if it is using oil, these are the bad heads for wearing guides and breaking valve spring retainers, causing bad things to happen!

My master cylinder is stuck bad also so wouldn't really gain you anything but let me know if you need anything. I have about a complete 78f and all I ever want is the 750 motors so the rest is just parts.

Digger, Thanks for checking on the mastercylinder. I have a working one from an 83 Goldwing i'm going to see if i can make it work. It will bolt up but the hose location is different I will need a hose with a 90 degree bend to fit it up. The only other thing i need so far is the left side cover.

Back