• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

78 CB750F mods for tall rider

SrBulto

CB750 New member
Reaction score
My first CB750F, and I need to make some adjustments to fit my old body into this thing. I’m trying to do two things:
1. Cables and brake hose for adding handlebar risers that move the bars up 1” and back 3/4”. Anyone have an idea of how much length to add so the bars will still turn lock to lock without binding?

2. I’d like to drop the foot pegs so that the perch is positioned forward and below the horizontal. I can’t rotate the foot peg assembly so it looks like my option is either a rework of stock pegs or a new machinist creation. Anyone out there have a source for this, or advice?

Merry XMas and happy New Year to all.
SrBulto

So that one gives me my 1” up. Any opinion about stock cables and hise with risers 1” up AND 3/4” back? I’ve seen a couple of those on Amazon and EBay. My back could use one that 3/4”, and I wouldn’t mind dodging the cost of replacing perfectly functional cables and brake hose.

You can use string to get a length estimate....i use this for ordering braided s/s brake line without dismantling...

Theres also clutch cable extenders available..often marketed as "easy pull".that might suit your needs as well....

Back