• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

the project begins!!

motopsycho

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought a 79 cb 750k about a week ago_Ordered some turn signals,a carb kit and a used side cover.They all came today!! side cover is painted and drying.Turn signals are installed and im going to pull the carbs after dinner!! woohoo! cmon spring:D

At least you are just getting rain, I just spent the last two days in a backhoe moving snow, the blizzard is finally done now :thumbsup:

Yeah we got a total of about 2 ft out of the storm over 2 days. Man I hate snow, why couldn't my family have settle further south. lol

We ended up just getting a few inches. It's 45 and sunny and today though so hopefully it keeps melting so I can see my yard again!

motopsycho, any updates or pictures?

Started snowing here again and supposed to get 6 to 18":doh: I am ready for summer.

heres a couple pics ,getting closer DSC_0172[2].jpgDSC_0171[1].jpgDSC_0170[1].jpgDSC_0169[1].jpgDSC_0168[1].jpg

I know how that goes... Once you have carb problems it seems like you always have to pull them a few times to get them right. Especially when messing with jetting. You get pretty good at it after a few times.

I set the floats and re checked everything.Not sure what fixed it but it is running great now.3 times before i got it right.Sure wish i could run pods.The airbox is a bugger to get back on! Still seems a little rich.Should i maybe give it another half turn past stock on the air screw?

Yeah they shouldn't really be black. I always like to see them light tan.. You must be a little rich still. Stock jetting?

I'm not a tuning expert, but less restrictive mufflers should allow more air flow making you run leaner. It sounds like you're rich. You don't hear of bikes being rich with stock jetting. How old are the plugs?

Back