• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

speedo ratio???

ugly

CB750 Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me, a for sure answer on what the speedometer ratio is for a 1981 cb750k. ive looked everywhere but I can not seem to find a definite answer. thanks in advance

The tire size affects the exactness there..............thinking an '81 used a 110 or 120 sized tire, '80 used 100, but that is on the "F" model. Both on 19" wheel. Exact ratio by pulling wheel and counting the teeth on the gears and dividing.

amc49, could you explain the process, what number am I dividing by, I believe they are stock tore sizes. I'm almost positive the front is a 19" comstar? ive been trying to post pics of my ride but I cant seem to figure that out. but ill keep trying.

FB_IMG_1517110409458.jpg trying to post a pic of my bike, hope this works. lol

You simply count the gear teeth, one is a ring gear and the other is a pinion but the assembly has to be out of bike to do it. Divide the smaller number into the larger.

You can get a rough idea as well by jacking up front wheel in air, disconnecting the speedo cable at the gauge, and carefully rolling the marked front tire exactly one turn while counting how many times the speedo inside cable turns and no dividing needed then, the number of turns IS the ratio if the front wheel = one.

Back