• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Tachometer Ratio

amzonprncess83

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Alright, I've looked and can't find it anywhere. I've found the speedometer ratio, but can anyone tell me what the tachometer ratio is for an '82 CB750F2??? Or at least point me in the right direction where I CAN find the information! Thanks

FWIW...If no published answer....One way to verify is unscrew cable end from tach.....rotate crank 10 times while observing cable end rotation(number of cable end rotations)get your ratio....

Last edited:
FWIW...If no published answer....One way to verify is unscrew cable end from tach.....rotate crank 10 times while observing cable end rotation(number of cable end rotations)get your ratio....
Good to know! Thank you! Part of my problem with that is though I do not currently have a tach on my bike. The previous owner removed stock gauges and only installed a speedo.

Large cc Hondas of that time generally 4:1....
You could check aftermarket tach compatibility in a site like Randakks if no definitive answer from the forum.....
Sohc are 4:1...as are most bikes of the era.. 750 and above.
Im away from home so cant test my Dohc K using method described...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-175354_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-175354_Chrome.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 135
Large cc Hondas of that time generally 4:1....
You could check aftermarket tach compatibility in a site like Randakks if no definitive answer from the forum.....
Sohc are 4:1...as are most bikes of the era.. 750 and above.
Im away from home so cant test my Dohc K using method described...
Good info! Thank you!

Back