• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Machine shop advice...Help please

Skyguy

CB750 Member
Reaction score
My 77 SOHC will be refurbished on the top end for my rebuild. It has never been apart since new. I could do the work myself, (Sans machine boring etc) but
to have it done right I'd prefer to have an expert machine shop that specializes in Honda CB 750's. With that said, Id like:

1- cylinders bored over.
2- New pistons, rings, wrist pins, etc.
3- Head done with all new valves, guides and all the "bits" that go along with that work.
*Not sure about the cam. I'm not going the direction of race but more reliable.

Now, I have talked with Cycle X in Wisconsin and they are basically backed up until the winter. So they are out.

Have not vetted "carpy's" yet but it's my understanding he farms the machine work out and just assembles them.

So, if you have any advice on which direction to go please chime in with any advice you have. I do know the expense of

Having all the work done is significantly more than just lapping the valves myself, etc. but I want it to be done right.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

(*PS: The frame will be red and the seat will be custom brown leather and the black checkerboard vinyl pattern on tank and tail removed.The wheels may get a slight red trim to match the frame. Tank and tail will remain polished. Possible new all chrome 4 in 1 exhaust, *Don't like the wrap look now. Rear sets and new rear shocks will also be included. Any thoughts on this as well?)

Sky

Honda 750 3.jpg

honda cb 3.jpghonda cb 4.jpghonda cb 6.jpg

Attachments

• honda cb 1.jpg
    honda cb 1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 128
APE will probably be your fastest bet since Kenny is back logged but they will be more expensive then Kenny. Dynoman is also another option but he sends stuff out when they are busy.

Call Red or Kate at cycleonemanufacturing.com . Last I knew he had cylinders already bored with pistons already matching... or he'll rebore yours for I think $50 a hole. Does head work too. You won't find a nicer couple to work with.

Back