• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Head stud interchangeability

Fencingboy

CB750 Member
Reaction score
So I have encountered a problem it seems like a lot of people have, which is head studs seized in the block. in the process of removing them i completely mangled the threads on one and i need replacements. so i encountered another common problem, which is that nobody sells head studs for the 79-83 DOHCs. obviously if anyone knows of some secret shop for them, clue me in. otherwise, does anyone know what are the dimensions on the studs for an SOHC/'84+ head stud? on the off chance any of them are the same, obviously that would also work. if all else fails i may just have to find a way to get a custom set made.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3884.jpg
    IMG_3884.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 14
Webike Japan looks like they still stock them. The Honda #'s are 90032-425-000 for the fronts and 90031-425-000 for the rears. Why did you have to remove all of them? The threads in the block can be repaired with an insert Like a Heli coil.

Webike Japan looks like they still stock them. The Honda #'s are 90032-425-000 for the fronts and 90031-425-000 for the rears. Why did you have to remove all of them? The threads in the block can be repaired with an insert Like a Heli coil.
I'm not finding it on Webike, odd. I had to remove them to remove the cylinder head, it wouldn't clear the frame. Obviously removing the engine from the frame would prevent that from being necessary, but here we are.

I'm not finding it on Webike, odd. I had to remove them to remove the cylinder head, it wouldn't clear the frame. Obviously removing the engine from the frame would prevent that from being necessary, but here we are.
Yes, removing the engine is the preferred method. How many did you ruin?

Last edited:
Yes, removing the engine is the preferred method. How many did you ruin?
only one so far but i figure if I'm getting new ones, best to just replace them all. And either I'm completely missing something or you cannot search by part number on webike which is making it hard to find the front studs on their website but I'll find them eventually. thanks for your help.

If the rest of them are still good just get a used stud from someone and you are good to go. What was the problem that you had to remove the head?

If the rest of them are still good just get a used stud from someone and you are good to go. What was the problem that you had to remove the head?
external leaking from the head and cylinder gasket. i'll ask in the facebook group if anyone has spare parts.

Back