Fresh '82 CB750 Build

Also, is the solenoid supposed to get any type of ground any where? Bc I used a jumper on the starter wire and got action that way, so I know the starter is good, etc.

Also, is the solenoid supposed to get any type of ground any where? Bc I used a jumper on the starter wire and got action that way, so I know the starter is good, etc.

Ground for the solenoid coil is supplied via the clutch and/or neutral switch through the green/red wire. The yellow/red is energized from battery + through the red wire to the key switch ON then black wire to starter switch to yellow/red. So, try pulling in the clutch or shorting those two leads, or just jumper the green/red to ground.

BTW, if the starter doesn't turn when the solenoid actuates, don't immediately blame the starter. Low battery charge, poor connections, and what bit me last - a bad solenoid (contacts arced and burnt) can cause it.

I don’t have the clutch wires hooked up yet, but I will plug those bad boys in when I get home! And I know the starter is good, so I’m not worried about that. I used a starter jumper and it worked fine.

Ground is definetely my issue. I’m not getting ANY type of response from the solenoid and I used a multimeter to test the wires coming off of it and I’m getting 12+ volts

I have the factory seat still, which fits like a glove. So I’m either going to strip that down to just the pan, and build it from there or start from scratch - wrapping the frame w Saran Wrap and fiberglassing it.

Wez , did you get that seat from eBay? I almost bought one just like it

Yes, this is from eBay
I think it's the Vietnam seller.

Back