• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Anybody Make Aftermarket 750cc Cylinder Jugs?

KMan

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Is there any company out there that is making new cylinder jugs in the stock 750cc bore? I thought I found a website where new jugs were being sold as part of a rebuild kit - pistons, etc - in the stock size - but can't seem to find the site again.

Are you talking new sleeves? Is this sohc or dohc motor? Dynoman, Cycle x and APE can all put stock size sleeves in your block. They all have stock size pistons etc.

Noone makes a new block unless you are looking for an expensive billet block, Mike Rieck had some made and sold but they had been a limited production run. Nothing as far as new cast blocks for a stock replacement. Easiest thing would be to locate an early model block and if needed have new sleeves installed. What are your plans for the motor and what happened to the original block?

Last edited:
The motor had an 812cc kit dropped into it some years ago by a prior owner. He had some concerns about the place that did the work for him...the shop has since gone out of business. He ran it once or twice and parked it due to concerns about some post-mod engine noise and unrelated electrical issues. The bike sat in storage since then until I got it. I've pulled the head and jugs. The sleeves look good...hone cross hatch looks like it was done yesterday. Pistons are another story...looks like the shop stuck in a used set. I figure my choices are go up to 836 or back down to stock since 812 seems to be fairly uncommon in this day and age. Not particularly interested in adding more hp and have had my share of buyer-been-had moments via eBay cylinder blocks when rehabbing other bikes in the past, so went surfing on the odd shot somebody is making aftermarket stock jugs.

You could just get new stock sleeves installed in your block because the 812 are just bored stock sleeves as are the 836 kits. No work needed to be done other then boring. Or you can just go to 836 with just a bore job and new pistons. Cycle X has a cheap 849 kit that uses cast pistons, very reasonable if you are just building a street motor.

In all honesty used pistons are not a death sentence as long as clearances are in spec. Even some scuffing is acceptable.

Back