• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1978 cb750

Oldtonew

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Second post on the forum I have another 1978 cb750 that will only run decent with the choke on and if i turn the choke off the bike will run but if I give it throttle it will bog and die out. The carbs are brand new (reman) and very clean. Was also wondering what type of fuel is best for these bikes I run ethanol free but am unsure of premium would be better. Anything helps thank you for your time.

Its lean if it wont run without the choke. Still could have blocked or restricted jets, incorrect float levels, incorrect jet sizes, etc. Just because they are rman does not mean they are good.

ethanol free premium is always the best fuel but they dont need the premium octane but it wont hurt it. Best I can get around hear for premium is 91 octane and thats what I run in everything.

Its lean if it wont run without the choke. Still could have blocked or restricted jets, incorrect float levels, incorrect jet sizes, etc. Just because they are rman does not mean they are good.

ethanol free premium is always the best fuel but they dont need the premium octane but it wont hurt it. Best I can get around hear for premium is 91 octane and thats what I run in everything.
Thank you for the reply I will definitely give it a look and hopefully come back with good news.

Back