• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

I’ve been gifted a 71 cb750 and 76 cb750 super sport and need help on where to start

Franksbikes

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I’ve been gifted a 71 cb750 and 76 cb750 super sport. The 1971 was made with two bikes and sold from a dealer. One of which was stolen. Then the dealership made it right by selling him a brand new 1976 cb750 super sport. The 71 was put in storage in 1978 and the 76 was put in storage in 1983 with only 3500 miles on it. I moved them for the first time in 40 year today not knowing what great shape it is in I know it would start right up with so little effort. Want to fully restore the 76 and re chrome everything and polish the motor and because the paint is nearly perfect. That’s all she will need I’m sure. Where is the best place to send off the chrome to be taken care of and it’s not my first bike by far but anything I should look out for while working on them thanks
IMG_7206.jpeg
IMG_7207.jpeg

Wow, nice haul. Not sure of chrome shops anymore, is an expensive business to be in.

I used to own a hot rod and restoration shop in Arkansas before I retired. Chroming is a big hassle anymore because of the toxic chemicals the process uses. The place we used to send our stuff is in Ogden, Utah and is called Ogden Chrome. They do a very good job, but they are very proud of their work and charge accordingly.
After checking their website to make sure it's still live before I post this, I see by some of the pictures on the website that Dave Kindig of TV fame uses them also, but it's like right next door for him.

https://www.ogdenchrome.com/

Some of the parts you can still find New Old Stock from Ebay and such. It would be cheaper to buy an NOS fender than it would to re-chrome it. Something to consider. Nice score by the way.

Some of the parts you can still find New Old Stock from Ebay and such. It would be cheaper to buy an NOS fender than it would to re-chrome it. Something to consider. Nice score by the way.
That's exactly what I did. I found a NOS front fender on eBay that I had shipped from the UK. In the end, it was way cheaper than re-chroming. The hardest thing to find are the original pipes in good shape, especially the muffler.

Back