• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What Cylinderhead can be used on a '73 CB750 K3

Bv2009

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello all ,
Very new here in a new hobby ...
Recently I aquired an Old '73 K3 CB750 .
Will have to rebuild the engine .
Maybe some light tuning to 836cc with some of the existing kits ( pistons, valves etc ...)
Found out that the cilinder head has one helicoil in one sparkplug . Since I may have the head lightly tuned , I like to replace it with a good one .
What cylinder heads ( modems / year ) can I use that will fit the '73 jugs and cam towers since a good K3 is difficult to find ...
Thanks for your advice and help .
Bruno .

Any of the sohc K heads will fit. 1970 on up. Stay away from the F model heads as they require more extensive work to make them work. The earlier the head the better they flow and they usually have slightly smaller chambers but not always. Cam towers are all the same on the sohc motor. Later ones have extra bolts to hold the rocker shafts in but are all interchangable. Helicoil in the spark plug is not a bad thing if it was done correctly.

Hello Dirtdigger , thanks for the reply , I appreciate it ! What about the heads of a CB750A automatic as they float around much in good condition on ebay ?
Bruno .

Back