Trying to source good OEM points and condensers.

Stratmanx

CB750 Member
Reaction score
1977 CB750-F2 - Blew thru a set of aftermarket junk points in less than a year. Condensers aren't much better. Does anyone have a line on good OEM points / condensers ? Thanks !

Honestly it is getting hard to find good points. OEM from honda are the only good ones. I would suggest just going with the aftermarket electronic ignition.

Honestly it is getting hard to find good points. OEM from honda are the only good ones. I would suggest just going with the aftermarket electronic ignition.

Agreed. Not many places have the original Honda ignition parts (Hitachi) in stock. David Silver has them, but you can get electronic ignitions for the same price and even much less depending on how low you are willing to go:

https://www.davidsilverspares.com/CB400F0-SUPER-SPORT-1975-USA/part_162332/
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1853390829...oUp8l5ve173T9oTO72XsF4dmpyOR2DHhoChdgQAvD_BwE

First of all, your bike looks rad Stratmanx.
I've been suffering the after-market blues myself. And I've been fighting modern advances like electronic ignition and LED lights, because I figure if I wanted modern advances, I'd buy a newer bike.
Having said that, my bike isn't bone-stock anyway. I have modern paint, and modern tires, and soon I'll be buying a pair of car horns, because CB750 horns are far too quiet to be useful.

I've already paid for new points and condensers, and I don't throw away money if I can help it. But next time I'll likely move to E.I. It's not going to ruin the old look of the bike, and it would be nice if my bike ran a little better.

EDIT: cb750supply.com has a set of points / condensers for $25 on sale. It's in the US, so shipping will be a tad cheaper.

Last edited:
I had thought about electronic ignition, but I've read numerous articles that stated that with the heat build up, this causes issues with the elctronics and that your better off with points. Just so sad we have an influx of junk parts from you know where..

I appreciate the heads up on the David Silver Spares. Going to order the Genuine Part for the points. Twice the price of the aftermarket, but if they last, thats worth it. Now the condensers, wow, they sure are proud of the Genuine Parts: $68 !

Last edited:
On the bright side, you won't have to replace them anytime soon?
And you get to ride a bike that runs well again.

First of all, your bike looks rad Stratmanx.
I've been suffering the after-market blues myself. And I've been fighting modern advances like electronic ignition and LED lights, because I figure if I wanted modern advances, I'd buy a newer bike.
Having said that, my bike isn't bone-stock anyway. I have modern paint, and modern tires, and soon I'll be buying a pair of car horns, because CB750 horns are far too quiet to be useful.

I've already paid for new points and condensers, and I don't throw away money if I can help it. But next time I'll likely move to E.I. It's not going to ruin the old look of the bike, and it would be nice if my bike ran a little better.

EDIT: cb750supply.com has a set of points / condensers for $25 on sale. It's in the US, so shipping will be a tad cheaper.
Looks like these are stamped JAPAN, but that doesn't mean they aren't knockoffs. It probably wouldn't hurt to have this set for a spare for the ride home, just in case.

There's also "Yamiya" which seems to be popular among Japanese shoppers. I never shopped with them myself, but from my experience, quality is the most important to Japanese folks. They don't complain much, but if a place sucks, they don't go back. People say that if you buy garbage, you'll be buying it again.

...that doesn't mean Yamiya is good, but I'd put my money on them over say...J&P Cycles or Emgo.

Back