• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Brakes...there I've said it

dwornik

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I will probably get a lot of people shouting at me and telling me that 'We've talked about this' but I haven't seen what I'm looking for.
My friend has a really nice 1976 CB750, but it has different tank and fenders and headlights.....a nice bike but it is far from stock. But it plain DOES NOT STOP.....Fred Flintstone had better brakes on his car. The rear brake is stronger than the stock single piston, single rotor front brake.
And most of what I'm seeing here on this forum is people trying to 'Upgrade" their front brakes with some from other 80's bikes........upgrading with 40 year old design brakes!!!?????
I want to put modern twin rotor brakes on the front, does anyone know of a good aftermarket brake that will go on this bike......maybe I have to change the forks as well?

Has there been any work done to the brakes?
At the very least the stock master cylinder and caliper piston assembly need torn apart and looked at. The rubber O-rings fail and things get gunked up in the piston assembly. Even taking the brakes apart and roughing the pads up with sand paper can improve stopping power.

Back