• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Tank doesn't seem to fit

Try it and see but commonly the mounts change for every tank they use. The frames where tank fits stay the same but the front lug positions and the rear mounts change up both in location and type. 900C and 900F will be different from each other too. If an F then the tank likely longer by more than one inch, the K is forward enough to allow the side covers to cover the airbox sides, the F tank is long enough to uncover the airbox as more styling, likely way more than one inch involved in that. Can't say about 900C but I do know the 900C tank is longer than the 750C tank is, they do not interchange either.

Take old tank and find like 1 1/2" or 2" plumbing black cast iron pipe or even PVC and fit whichever seems to match the slot under tank better. Put tank in your lap upside down between your legs and then using a hammer then lay the pipe in the slot and holding it centered bang on the pipe (not the tank) lightly at first then if no result getting harder, you may knock that distorsion back out easier than you think.

Ok. I have a 1981 cb900c tank available. But I can't try it out and less I drop some money. Does anyone know how close it is to bolting up to my 81 cb750k?

Likely too long, I know people thinking the 900c fits the 750c have found that out. The 900 frame is longer due to the added shaft drive behind the motor. Tank gets stretched to fit that.

Back