Replacement of petcock on K3

leon

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me whether the 'oval' fitting petcock on the K3 has to be bolted from inside the gas tank ? It seems like a difficult job. The old one seems to have nuts or square headed bolts from the inside which I have not dared trying to remove yet and the new one did not come with any bolts. I have found bolts to buy but the shipping costs are rather high to my country for such a small item and I am not entirely sure that they will fit the petcock I bought. I might ask the vendor of the petcock if they know.

There should be a nut plate spot welded on the inside of the tank, Remove the bowl on the bottom of the petcock it is threaded and there will be two screws attaching the petcock to the bottom of the tank, The nuts You see inside are non serviceable.

Thank you very much. I found the fixing holes inside the petcock. I just need to decide whether to try using the old bolts and washers or try to get new ones at a reasonable price. I am replacing the tank but I had not removed the protective tape covering the spot where the petcock goes as the paint job is not ready yet so I could not see the fixing holes and thread.

Back