• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Oil housing tapped oil lines

thejet95

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello, first time posting. I recently purchased a half restored 1976 cb750 and found some quirks. The oil filter housing was tapped with with two oil lines. My inclination is to remove them and plug them but unsure if this would have been done for a good reason? I have no idea what these were intended for or how they would have been routed?

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    391 KB · Views: 33
I've seen stuff like that for turbo plumbing. No idea why they would have done that otherwise.

This aftermarket adapter plate is used to mount an oil cooler. You cant plug the lines or you will have no oil flow. Take the center bolt out and the adapter plate will come off and the oil filter housing will bolt right to the block.

Oh wow oil cooler never thought about that! Is an oil cooler a good idea? Do these bikes run hot or is that mainly for people that do a lot of full throttle hooligan style riding? ;);)

While I’m on the subject of oil one more question. It came with an aftermarket oil tank. I believe it was bought from :https://carpyscaferacers.com/shop/s...b750-parts-upgrades/motorcycle-built-battery/.
My question is it has 3 connections on the bottom. I’m assuming feed, return, and vent? I noticed there isn’t any venting on the top like the one on Carpys web site. Worried pressure will build? Any ideas? Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_0349.jpeg
    IMG_0349.jpeg
    403.3 KB · Views: 20
The oil coolers do help but not really necessary for stock motors unless you do a lot of town riding or high rpm riding.

Without being able to look at the tank its hard to say how they have it designed. The third line might be for the line on the back of the engine which is a drain for the oil/air separator in the stock tank

Thanks for the help! I think I will just remove the oil cooler for now and see down the road if it runs too hot can always add a cooler. I looked inside the tank and can see which ones are for the send and return, the 3rd line is a tube inside which goes to the top of the tank and turns towards the other side of the tank but I can’t see to where. I might reach out to carpys and see if they can tell me? Thanks again!

Getting ahold of them would be the best but it sounds like its supposed to go to the line on the back of the engine case

Back