Gaiters on newer bike

Ducklife

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 78 and does not comes with gaiter boots. I like them and since my old dust boots are cracked, I would like to put gaiters on instead if easy. What parts, other than the boots itself, do I need for the install? Another question I have is that I found big gouges on the fork where the seals sits, no doubt was done by removing old seals before. I wonder if they will cause leaks? This was the side that leaked and I am replacing the seal, which looked good, so now I worried that new seal won't fix it.

Attachments

• 1660573607628[5135].jpg
    1660573607628[5135].jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 89
Hi Ducklife,
My 77 & 78 have dust caps on the forks not gaiters. I believe the gaiters have to have an attachment point on the upper part of the fork also.
I just read a post where a guy used JB Weld to fill a gouge in a fork to prevent leaking. I would do that in a pinch, but I'd rather have my brother weld it and smooth it out as a permanent fix.

Hi Ducklife,
My 77 & 78 have dust caps on the forks not gaiters. I believe the gaiters have to have an attachment point on the upper part of the fork also.
I just read a post where a guy used JB Weld to fill a gouge in a fork to prevent leaking. I would do that in a pinch, but I'd rather have my brother weld it and smooth it out as a permanent fix.Thanks for your info. I had since checked online and yeah, the headlight ears are different from
Thanks for your info Gunr. I had since checked online and yeah, the headlight ears are different from later models, pricey items too so I gave up on the gaiters look. I also just ignored the gouge and just put new seals in, no leaks so far. Works great. Thanks again.

Back