• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Gaiters on newer bike

Ducklife

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 78 and does not comes with gaiter boots. I like them and since my old dust boots are cracked, I would like to put gaiters on instead if easy. What parts, other than the boots itself, do I need for the install? Another question I have is that I found big gouges on the fork where the seals sits, no doubt was done by removing old seals before. I wonder if they will cause leaks? This was the side that leaked and I am replacing the seal, which looked good, so now I worried that new seal won't fix it.

Attachments

• 1660573607628[5135].jpg
    1660573607628[5135].jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 86
Hi Ducklife,
My 77 & 78 have dust caps on the forks not gaiters. I believe the gaiters have to have an attachment point on the upper part of the fork also.
I just read a post where a guy used JB Weld to fill a gouge in a fork to prevent leaking. I would do that in a pinch, but I'd rather have my brother weld it and smooth it out as a permanent fix.

Hi Ducklife,
My 77 & 78 have dust caps on the forks not gaiters. I believe the gaiters have to have an attachment point on the upper part of the fork also.
I just read a post where a guy used JB Weld to fill a gouge in a fork to prevent leaking. I would do that in a pinch, but I'd rather have my brother weld it and smooth it out as a permanent fix.Thanks for your info. I had since checked online and yeah, the headlight ears are different from
Thanks for your info Gunr. I had since checked online and yeah, the headlight ears are different from later models, pricey items too so I gave up on the gaiters look. I also just ignored the gouge and just put new seals in, no leaks so far. Works great. Thanks again.

Back