• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

front end update

bigcity81

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
again im curious to find out about updating the front suspension possibly how difficult is the swap? what is a very close swap? im still new to building cafe's this is my first one what i have is a 1975 750f. i find myself day dreaming about it all the time my kids want to help with it so i guess it will be as much theirs as it is mine lol

Check out Cycle X, great guys, great service, they live and breath 750 honda and have a lot of parts. There are other places around also I just like these guys. I have 80 750 forks and front brake setup on my hardtail. They are a better fork and a lot better brake setup and it fits in the stock triple clamps. There are a lot of options to look at.

So in essence as long as the tube size is a match I have plenty of option then. What would you suggest obviously newer bike parts are better performance wise?

I have a complete 1980 cb750 here so the fork was a complete bolt in job. No fab work at all. There are guys making custom triple trees and putting sport bike front ends on bikes. But its not a building on a small budget type of thing. I like the fork I have now and like the brake a lot more than the original 750 setup. The whole setup is lighter also. Back in the day guys used to swap the 70's goldwing front ends on because they had duel front brakes but I have not personally done this. I have a 1981 cb650 here that I am going to look at this winter....it has an air adjustable for setup...I think it will fit but I need to do some measuring. Kind of depends on how much money you want to put into it and what exactly you are looking to do with the bike. A good rebuild of the stock forks and some aftermarket springs and freshen up the brake system and the stock parts can work pretty well too.

Back