• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carburettor overhaul

JohnT

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a 1979 CB750P, or KZ.
It had a new set of Keihin CR carbs and pods fitted a few years ago, that haven't done a lot of KM's, but I am thinking of converting back to the originals carbs and air box.
The previous owner was told that the originals were not repairable, so the replacements were fitted at a significant cost.
I'm not convinced that the repairer had his welfare in mind, because the originals which I still have, appear to be ok, but may still be in line for an overhaul.
Does anyone know of a repairer in Qld Au who they would recommend to do the job, and maybe take the CR's off my hands as well?

Attachments

• IMG_1857.JPG
    IMG_1857.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1859.JPG
    IMG_1859.JPG
    339 KB · Views: 39
Those CR's are some fine carbs. There are quite a few people who would pay for you to ship them to the States...

Send some pictures when you get the original carbs opened up. If there are parts that are physically broken or missing, then it's possible that "repair" shop broke them and then told the customer to replace them.

You couldnt pay me to put original carbs back on if it has the CR's. The CR carbs will out perform the stock and is infinitely more adjustable. I recomend people throw the stock carbs in the garbage and put CR or Mikuni RS carbs on instead. But hey, if you want the endless troubles of the stock carbs thats your prerogative.

You couldnt pay me to put original carbs back on if it has the CR's. The CR carbs will out perform the stock and is infinitely more adjustable. I recomend people throw the stock carbs in the garbage and put CR or Mikuni RS carbs on instead. But hey, if you want the endless troubles of the stock carbs thats your prerogative.
I am SO inclined to agree with you. But... In order to assist with resale the stock carbs are almost required to get a better price. There is a CB750C here in my area with Murray carbs for 600 bucks. And it isn't selling. But other CBs with stock carbs are selling just fine. Now, get the best of both worlds by keeping the stockers but run the mikuni. I agree with Digger those mikunis are awesome

Back