• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carb Cleaner?

burnsie

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have my carbs taken apart and ready for cleaning. Can I use the stuff they sell at Auto Zone or is there a special bike carb cleaner? Thanks!

Same stuff, the parts have no idea what they come off of.

If you haven't broke the carbs apart into 4 separate assemblies you will ruin the air cut diaphragms inside, you cannot leave any rubber parts in true carb cleaner.

I was gonna just soak the jets and needles and then spray carefully inside the bowls. is that kosher? i'm very nervous about reassembling the carbs.

That's my bad friend......................if SOHC carbs then they have no air cuts. Too many parts floating around in my head. What you plan is fine. Just remember that rubber parts generally do not like the cleaners. There may well be no need to break the carbs apart.

Thanks a lot buddy. I appreciate it and I've heard about the rubber/organic matter not liking the carb cleaner. makes sense too i guess.

Hey would you mind taking a look at the attached photo? I have all the pieces out of the carbs except for these two brass fittings. can't see a way to get them out and thinking perhaps they don't come out? Again, I really appreciate your help. this is an amazing community.

And what I've been waiting on as well. You'd think they would check their own work, but then we know they commonly don't.

Back