• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

cafe seat

kongphia

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to the site and I am also new to bike. I've been working on my 81 cb750 to make it into a café. I am looking to do a single seat but I don't like the long seats. really I don't know where to start! Can anyone give me some advice and also any sites that I can purchase café seats. any kinda of info will help I really want to get this done so I can start riding. pictures will help to thanks.

Hmm.. lots of options out there. Do you want the hump in the back? What are you thinking for the taillight?

Hi Travis, I like the hump in the back but not to big. Flatter will be great and as for taillight I'm not picky about it any shape is fine. I guess my question is how do people mount there seats? Do I have to cut the back off to mount a seat? What options are popular? What do they mean by complete seat?

Well it depends on the look your going for and how much work you want to do or can do. You can get them where you just swap out the seat and use the stock rear fender and tail light. Or you can buy a seat that needs custom mounts, a new rear hoop, and you'll have to figure something out for a taillight and license plate bracket. I would find a few pictures of bikes that have the look your going for and study them to try to figure out how it was done. Google CB750 Cafe seat and see what's out there. I haven't done a cafe yet, but if I were that's how I'd start.

Hi Travis, I have a '79 750 k that I would like to cafe it. I don't want to do any cutting or grinding in case I decide to put it back to stock. I was advised to get buy an old stock seat, and use the pan to build my seat. On Yutube there are meny sites that show how to build a cafe seat.

You might want to check out the Hackaweek videos on youtube.
There is one where he fabricates a complete cafe seat from scratch.

Back