• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

81 dohc cb750 with keihin 29mm stalled?

my03

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just finished building my 81 dohc with weisco 823 kit, and kehin 29mm carbs

First ran into some problems with some gunk in the tank blocking the fuel, but after that the bike was flawless, and damn fast!!!!!

Mostly inner city riding for two tanks the bike was flawless, but yesterday it stalled on me in the middle of a ride.

The symptoms was fuel blockage, but today when i took off the fuel line to the carbs, the fuel was fine!

So I'm thinking it might be a carb problem.

I started it again and it seemed to do the same thing....then after a few revs it seemed like it was fine again, idling for a few minutes no problem....i don't want to take it for a ride because i don';t want it stalling in the middle of the road again.

What do you guys think it is? could the carbs be clogged because i have not been pushing it much? (inner city riding?)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Just because you are getting fuel out of the fuel line doesn't mean it is getting into the carbs. Check to see if there is any fuel in all of the float bowls. If there is fuel in the float bowls you still could have gotten some of the junk in the carbs and blocking the main jets also.

Back