• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

what size fork on cb750k8 for clip on bars?

PharmD750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
As title states, what is the fork size on a 750k8? I plan on ordering a pair of clip on bars soon and I really don't have anything to measure the forks with. I found in the manual that says they are 39.5mm? If they are that size, do I get the 39mm size clip ons? Also, what places would you recommend ordering from? I would like something of good quality.

All I am seeing online is that I should be getting the 35mm size... just confused as to why the manual says the forks measure 39.5mm? is that maybe the thicker part of the forks that they are referring to?

It's always best to measure them yourself.
I have a 35mm and 40mm forks on the same year bike.

Take a piece of tape, and wrap it around the fork and mark the edge of the tape. Take it off and measure the length, and divide by 3.141.

Yeah I was just thinking about doing it that way. Its dark out now so I might have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe I can sneak the bike into my apartment without people or my wife noticing. haha

All the 750s stock are 35mm. If its 40mm its not stock. Honda made 39mm forks and 41mm but not a 40mm. 35mm is probably the single most common Japanese fork size there is.

Back