vibration

kirky

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
i have a 1979 750FZ Japanese domestic market bike with 35000 km on it's clock , i get a bit of vibration over 4000rpm is this normal or should i be thinking valve clearances, carbs or other things? i can live with it but i have mainly owned brit bikes that can shake you bits, i had another 750 dohc in the 1990's but have had lots of beer and :smoke:since then and can't remember if that vibrated like this one:cheers:

I have three '81 CB750C's, they all have a very high frequency vibration, enough to put your hands to sleep on a long ride, not so noticeable on a short ride. I use gel filled grips that work great on these. I can destroy those oversized foam grips just moving a bike around the garage and they're too big for my hands. Yep, the regular sized gel filled grips do it for me. So, for about $12-$14 you can get rid of that vibration and the ones that I bought are long lasting too.

I have three '81 CB750C's, they all have a very high frequency vibration, enough to put your hands to sleep on a long ride, not so noticeable on a short ride. I use gel filled grips that work great on these. I can destroy those oversized foam grips just moving a bike around the garage and they're too big for my hands. Yep, the regular sized gel filled grips do it for me. So, for about $12-$14 you can get rid of that vibration and the ones that I bought are long lasting too.
I'm with you. First thing I did on my '79 was add a good old fashioned set of tittie grips. Makes the bike a joy to ride.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3225988812...cu1eh2yrtg4qGl01fAfBtE0Pk=|tkp:Bk9SR-q-8vmhYg

Back