• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Trying to ID my Bike

SOHC750

CB750 New member
Reaction score
The person I bought it from said it was a 77 and the DMV title says it's a 77 but from the research I've done, it would appear to be an earlier model. The engine number is CB750E-2217212. Is this a 77 engine? Also, the frame only has the DMV number on a plaque and behind that is the number 750 on the frame. Any help is great appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

CB7503_zps02b66099.jpg

The motor is a K3 1973 motor. The frame number should be stamped into the steering head neck of the frame in fairly large type. It will be a CB750- number. The plaque should also have the number and a date code.

Thanks for the info guys! Below are a couple pics of the DMV plaque and frame. Unfortunately, the plaque busted off just a few minutes ago...ugh

CB750DMVNum_zpsc6f45a5c.jpg

FrameVIN_zpsfb0b3fdb.jpg

That is not a stock Honda tag obviously. That looks like the original title was lost or an assemble from parts bike or something like that and a new number was applied for.

Since I do have a title, do you know if its possible for me to use another frame and just stick this plate on it? I only ask because this frame is a little rough. I really feel like the person I bought it from ripped me off.

Every frame has its own numbers and its own title so I doubt it would be legal to just swap the plate. If the replacement frame has a title then there would be no reason to attach this plate. This plate and title was issued to this particular frame there fore it stays with the frame.

Back