New Tires and a kickstand...

Kigsby

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I just bought a '75 CB 750F Super Sport this weekend. I'll put a pic up soon! I kind of got into vintage bikes about a year ago. My first was a '62 Honda CA77 Dream in pieces that I put together and actually got it running. My next was a '71 Moto Guzzi. Now the 750. I knew nothing about the mechanics of bikes, but through forums, youtube and books, I've learned quite a bit. I will start to do the basic tune up, but just had to ride it the day I picked it up and it ran really well. It's gonna be a fun bike! My first priority is tires. I've tried to search and from what I've found, it looks like the most popular choices were the Bridgestone S11 Spitfires (which I have on the Guzzi and like) or the Battlax BT45. Just wanted to confirm the size. The manual says 3.25-19 front and 4.00-18 Rear. Would that be the same as 100/90/19 front and 110/90/18 rear? I've seen both sizes. I also would like to know if there are longer kickstands available. I'm a female, and as much as I hate to admit it, I just can't pick the bike up off the kickstand. It's just too heavy because of the angle. I have a Yamaha 1100 that weighs more than the 750 and have no problem picking it up because it's not leaned over as much. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Keri

Nice intro. I can't help you much with the tire selection, but I'm wondering why you're having a hard time getting the bike upright. Is your kickstand bent? How much does the bike lean over? It shouldn't be any harder than the 1100 you have.

My 1100 weighs 628lbs (wet). Much heavier than the CB but its easy to pick it up because it's not leaned over at such a drastic angle. The kickstand seems to be OK. I think it's the metal pieice that's attached to the frame that's bent. Someone suggested I heat it and try to bend it back.

The 750 didn't really lean that far over. I have had one tip over because they sit upright pretty far. Sound like something may indeed be bent. If you heat just the metal piece and not frame tube you may be ok, I wouldn't get too much heat on the frame tube as too not possibly weaken the tube any. You may want to check that the pivot bolt isn't worn badly as they do get kind of sloppy loose after all these years. Maybe a picture of the lean angle and a picture of the kickstand area would help.

Back