New project

motogtp

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
I found this 6,000 mile Super Sport in Iowa last month. I bought it with the intention to create a café style bike. After a weekend of cleaning it up I found out it is too pristine to cut up so I am making the changes more subtle. Couple of questions. 1) I shortened the seat pan and noticed it has a big "H2" stamped in it. Other Super Sport pans I see on Ebay don't have that. Is this original? 2) It appears to be original right down to the witness paint on the mounts and brakes. But it has a chrome tank emblem on the right side and a gold one on the left side. Is this because there is more chrome on the right side or should they both be gold. 3) I was told that the 1978 side cover emblems (they are missing) are different than the 1975-1977 emblems. Is that right? Thanks.

Attachments

• Super Sport in progress.jpg
    Super Sport in progress.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 144
Looks clean! Sorry I can't help with the seat and emblem questions. Hopefully someone will be able to help!

Thanks

Looks clean! Sorry I can't help with the seat and emblem questions. Hopefully someone will be able to help!

Thanks Travis. I think I have spent as many hours thinking about how to do subtle modifications as I have working on it. I take that back - I have spent the most time cleaning it. This site has already been a huge help.

Well I guess that explains why it looks so clean! I'm horrible about cleaning my motorcycles. :eek: Once a year if they're lucky. Maybe that just means I need to ride more!

I was going to cut it up a bit into something between a café racer and bobber. Now I am trying to keep all the changes reversible. The theme is "what if Honda came out with a Super Sport café version in 1978?" Got all winter to figure it out.

Yeah,I like the idea of being able to put stock parts back on...I think I'm just going to change bars and seat, maybe smaller turn signals... I don't want to cut frame at all

Back