• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New here - First question regarding rear brake caliper on 1980 750F

Biggyniner

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hi all,

New to this forum and just wanted to say hi and ask my first question.

I picked up a restoration project today, a 1980 cb750F. To start, it is missing the rear brake caliper, hose, master cylinder and pedal (it does have the mount for the caliper and two bolts). I found a nearly complete system on ebay (minus the pedal) for a 1982 CB900F... Anyone know if this will bolt up to my 1980 750F?

Thanks for the insight... Also if anyone knows any good CB part websites out there - please enlighten me.

Last edited:
The caliper will be a twin piston instead of single if original. The parts WILL work but the pad rubbing track is narrower than the single '80 disc face is. The later disc is slotted, other than that the same as '80 but the slotted one fits in with the narrower pattern the twin piston leaves. That narrower means nothing, the twin piston actually has more area bearing to stop with. Will be an appearance thing and some people don't notice it at all.

Thanks AMC... if I understand you right, by narrower you mean the caliper won't cover as much area of the rotor as the stock 750 caliper would. It should still fit around the 1980 750F rotor ok tho... or do I need to find an 1982 900F rotor (and if so will that mount up to my 750 ok?)

Also, will it just bolt on to my 750 mount? Do I need to make any modifications?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Bolts on. The only difference between early and the later discs is the slots. You understand correctly.

You may well need the caliper BRACKET though if you do not have that for the other caliper type. Thinking slightly different.

Back