• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New guy-rear axle help

Brads2002

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently picked up a 1980 cb750 super sport. I’ve been working on the bike for the past couple of weeks and was just able to take a ride.

I was going well until I stepped on the back brakes. I could feel the rear wheel moving around a bit. I made it back to my house and upon further inspection the castle but is able to be tightened well below the cotter pin holes. I think I must be missing a spacer. It actually never gets tight. It reaches the end of the threads and spins. I’m not positive what I am missing but I think it might be number eight in this slide.

Unfortunately I don’t know if I’m missing something from the left or the right side which makes it more complicated. Would anyone be kind enough to post a picture of either side of their rear axle or give me some input on what I am missing? I would really appreciate it. I’m looking forward to taking a ride again!

Thanks Brad
3AFE7283-199D-4632-87AF-CBEC0E114B47.png
34E9DA91-659F-457B-AD80-76A80F15E20F.jpeg
39BECD39-1940-47E5-8C6C-94E2B8196B37.jpeg
image.jpg

Anyone willing to post a picture of their rear axel? I verified I have all the parts in the diagram. I am wondering if there is a washer the diagram doesn’t show or if there is something missing where the caliper clamps.

Thank you.

Back