need carb repair advice!!! fuel line rubber?

Curtis87

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible for me to replace cracked rubber line shown in red here without dismantling the carbs? I dry ice blasted the carbs at work and they cleaned up well. Planning to rebuild with new float gaskets and jets but what about this rubber line? I do not want to pull everything apart..... Help please :doh:

IMG_1940.JPG

I,m almost positive You have to remove the phillips screws holding the carbs to the mounting plate and separate them, It,s been years since I did Mine.

I bet I could do it.

The old lines will need to be cut off say with a razor knife. I'd use like a hobby knife. The new line if flexible and thin-walled enough should be able to be fished onto the stubs there. Like Home Depot cheap crap clear line with the words 'non-toxic recipe' on it? The line shrinks like gangbusters and hard as rock in a couple months but when new it will do that.

Thinking those are just bowl vents tying carbs in pairs to then vent off the center two.

Thanks for the tips i might try it. I think you are right that it can be done with fresh hose. I am worried if i pull the carbs apart that i will damage seals that i wont be able to find to replace...? I know there are carb rebuild kits but i dont think they have all the components.

You can do it. Cut the new line so that when it's shoved fully onto one carb the other end just barely reaches touches nipple of the opposite carb. Then center it so it is evenly connected to both carbs.

Capture.JPG

Thanks everyone for the help. I ended up disassembling it anyways after seeing a vid on how easy it is. I am replacing the two fuel line "t" o rings as well. :)

Back