• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

I need help identifying and locating a replacement speedometer gear dust seal

Craigermags

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Help me out if you can. I am rebuilding the front wheel hub of my 1971 K1. Part of this rebuild was to inspect the speedometer gear, which I thought needed a good cleaning. I pulled the dust seal off, cleaned in up and repacked the gear.

I am now trying to find a replacement dust seal. The one I pulled off has the marks of TC 34 48 7. I cant seem to located a replacement seal for this.

Any thoughts on who I can contact. I would think any bearing supply store might carry it but I thought if I could just buy it on line I would.

Finally, if anyone has the actual part number for this it might help my search as well.

Thanks all

Craig

Are you talking about the small seal that the end of speedo cable goes through? If so most parts lists remaining on bike that old show the entire speedo drive only now.

Don't discount the possibility that a tach seal on engine may work and they are still available for the later DOHCs which may use same part...........

Are you talking about the small seal that the end of speedo cable goes through? If so most parts lists remaining on bike that old show the entire speedo drive only now.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about. It is the seal at the speedometer gear unit hgx.jpg oragf.jpg

Need the actual seal number rather than a Honda one. You'll have better luck that way. That seal is the one they want you to buy the entire housing for.

Measure the ID and OD , you may find something that works in a National oil seal catalog.

After some research I found a website that sells metric seals and this will fit the bill to what I need. I am posting the website for others to help them as well.

https://www.metricsealsinc.com/store/BASL_OIL_SEAL/i_0_0_159/_S 34 X 48 X 7 BASL.aspx..

The metric seal you seek is S 34 x 48 x 7 BASL Oil Seal. It currently lists for $6.95 and they will charge you $10.00 for shipping FEDEX Ground.

Thanks all for the discussion and help

Back