• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Hey ya'll!

slowpoke69

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thought I'd introduce myself, just joined as I've owned a 79 CB750F/SS for years.

Unfortunately it's not running right now, soon to be rectified (literally too), stator,etc.

Has anyone on here got a sidecar on theirs? I'm seriously looking into this, as I'd rather ride when it's cold than hot, so it makes sense from a safety standpoint. I think it would make an amazing outfit with the right car.

I have to go through the WHOLE thing though, as it's been down for about 5 yrs. now, so i'm pondering the order in which things should be done.

I know I need to make sure it still turns 1st, beyond that I'm not sure of the plan of attack though, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.:wink2:

Change oil and filter. May want to see how the insides of the float bowls look and see if it is worth trying to start it before going through the carbs. More than likely they will need to be cleaned unless the fuel was drained. I would do complete tune up and adjustments. Spark plugs, points, check ignition timing, adjust valves, adjust timing chain, sync carbs. See how she runs!

Back