Cylinder sleeve puller

loxley007

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Hi all, I need to pull the sleeves from my 1979 CB750 engine (I need to swap out damaged ones for non damaged ones).

My question is whether any members have a sleeve puller they could lend me? I’m in Nottinghamshire, UK.

My alternative is to fabricate one.

Anyone able to help out?

Typically ya don't need a puller at all; heat the assembly to about 200C and the sleeve can be easily pushed out by hand. Tip: placed upright in the oven, the aluminum cylinder will want to slide down the sleeves. Heat again to install new sleeves (sleeves should remain cool) and make a clamp jig to squeeze and hold the sleeves in place as everything cools as they'll want to wiggle out of place

Typically ya don't need a puller at all; heat the assembly to about 200C and the sleeve can be easily pushed out by hand. Tip: placed upright in the oven, the aluminum cylinder will want to slide down the sleeves. Heat again to install new sleeves (sleeves should remain cool) and make a clamp jig to squeeze and hold the sleeves in place as everything cools as they'll want to wiggle out of place

Fantastic, thanks for the advice.

Back