• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carburetor Synchronization

79clowe42278

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the site and I have a 1973 cb750four. I have notice that the slide on my no.1 carb doesn't open with the other 3 carbs, it is a bit slower to open. Is this normal or is it out of sync. Just wanted to get some input from somebody that may know more about it. Thanks

It should rise the same as number two carb there tied together by the same throttle lifter arm. I mean it will not be slower should rise at same speed.

Thanks Dan, I will have to invest in a synchronization guage. I also discovered last night that my charging system isn't working. I am the second owner of this bike, the first being my uncle. I bought it at his estate auction following his passing. It was last tagged in 1983, only has 10k miles on it, and has been sitting more than ridden. Therefore it has some issues but in pretty nice shape other than that

Sorry to hear about Your Uncle, If You invest in syncro set get the gauge type much easier to use the liquid pro-motion type are a pain You actually have to sync the gauge before You use it. I have that one and absolutely do not like it. As for the charging system check and clean all wire connections could be corroded from setting so long.

Back