• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Carburetor compatibility

Pat_Beattie

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if it is possible to run a set of carbs from a k3 on a motor from a later f2 or f3? I believe everything will bolt up fine, but I'm curious if there is a rule of thumb for jet sizing and neddle height with this combination?

head to carb rubber boots wont fit, the stock carbs on the f2/3 are bigger. The air cleaner side is also bigger on the f2 carbs. The throttles cables are also different. They use the same style main jets so just start with the stock jetting for the F2. The engines really arent much different and use about the same amount of fuel stock, probably in the 120 range.

head to carb rubber boots wont fit, the stock carbs on the f2/3 are bigger. The air cleaner side is also bigger on the f2 carbs. The throttles cables are also different. They use the same style main jets so just start with the stock jetting for the F2. The engines really arent much different and use about the same amount of fuel stock, probably in the 120 range.
It sounds like I'm going to have to take some measurements from my parts bike to see if things will line up properly. I do have a set of PD carburetors but they're in pretty rough shape. There's multiple bolt holes that are stripped out for the float bowls on them, which is why I wanted to use the carbs from the earlier motor

It sounds like I'm going to have to take some measurements from my parts bike to see if things will line up properly. I do have a set of PD carburetors but they're in pretty rough shape. There's multiple bolt holes that are stripped out for the float bowls on them, which is why I wanted to use the carbs from the earlier motor
All my holes were stripped. I got this and now everything is perfect. Repairing the threads on the PD carbs will be quicker and easier than finding a way to connect the wrong carbs to the wrong intakes, in my opinion.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007IBRJQC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Last edited:
Back