• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

74 CB750 Frame off Rebuild.

cyclebuster

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
well the engine covers are off, to clean them and replace the gaskets, and i have to work on the starter drive it has a clicking noise in it. frame is painted, and looks nice. Its gloss instead of matte, and i like it that way. Looks like i have everything to build it, but i am looking for a better rear wheel, this had a 16 inch hog wheel on it.
a couple of the pics are on my site, www.cyclebusters.com, and when I begin to build it i am going to photograph every part going on so I have a photo record.

Glad i took that starter drive apart. there was a broken bolt, and the clutch carrier was flopping loose, and one of the springs and followers were laying loose inside.

well i have had so many super cold days i had to work fast and forgot to take pics. But the drive is fixed. I bought 3 new springs at the hardware store, and i was surprised to find that the tapered flat head screws that hold the exhaust stubs in are the exact same screws that hold the starter drive to the flywheel, and i have a huge pile of them from selling exhaust stubs over the years. I will be polishing the covers this week, and i have to paint the engine. The frame is near done, it needs a final coat. We are collecting all our cb750 parts into one area, and looks like we are pretty close to being able to complete this bike. I do not have a speedometer bracket, mine is dented.

Back