• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1975 CB750 Resto-Mod build!

Ravie

75 CB750
Reaction score
Hey ya'll! Thought I'd come say Hi!

Just finishing up building my bike. Got it mostly sorted but one of my fork tubes was leaking pretty badly due to damaged chrome. I got a single replacement and it turns out it came from an F model (they're different...) so I'm having the guy send me the matching tube. Wasn't really in the budget but I need it...

20160220_195530_zpsbrocl6hn.jpg

That's her..before I took the front end apart...

Still have to get the jetting sorted. I did a Cruisin Image 836 kit and there was some flycutting done on both the head and the cylinder block so I would imagine the compression has been kicked up a decent amount. I'm using the stock airbox and some no-name baffled exhaust, though I'd drilled out the baffle plate quite a bit. Also, did some porting which I had finished by Hondaman as well as new bronze guides and a 3 angle valve job.

It is my first ever motorcycle or motorcycle project and it has taken me a year and a half to get it this far. I've worked on every sort of car, new or old...I found this to be MUCH more fun!

Zoom Zoom!
Ravie

Back