• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My Cb750sc problems

hmongician

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Nighthawk 750 and it has some problems. I have a new 12 volt battery in the bike, but it still doesn't want to start. I know that these bikes don't like to start if the volts go under 12, but is this a fixable problem? And if so, how can it be fixed? My second problem is that the bike doesn't like to idle. I put it in neutral, try to start the bike, and then the bike dies unless I rev it. I even have the choke on. When I do get the bike to idle, it doesn't like moving. I put the bike in first gear, and as soon as i release the clutch, the bike stalls. I even revved it to 2-3k RPMS, but it still stalls on me.

I am going to seafoam the bike and change the oil, BUT if anyone has knowledge on how to fix these problems, would you please help me? Thank you.

What year is the bike and when was it last stored and under what conditions?
What maintenance has been done? Has the gas tank stand pipe filter been checked and cleaned regularly?
When were the carbs last checked/cleaned?
How long have you had the bike? Did the problems appear suddenly or was there a gradual decline in starting and idling?
Have you gone over the Clymer's check list for starting problems?

Compression check to determine that everything you do after it is not wasted, so many do that............the bikes are well known for running like crap once owner lets the valve clearances go to crap. Then they tear into everything else except the true problem.

Spare the bike the seafoam, the absolute mark of the unlearned. I should know, I sold it by the truckloads to the suckers when I was in parts. Garbage where I come from. No insult intended at all but it is what it is.

Do a compression check, Check Spark plugs, Check plug wires for being cross, check coil ground, check for clean carbs, check fuel flow, and check for vacuum leaks and airbox is not blocked

If the bike has power but when you hit the starter all you get is the click of the starter solenoid, check the lead to the starter motor. I found mine was a combination of loose and corroded, once I cleaned and tightened it fired right up.

Back