• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Charging System issues

jrami0927

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I need help with figuring out what could be wrong with my 750 Nighthawk. I recently had an issue with my bike not charging and the issue seemed to start out of nowhere. I measure the voltage to the battery and I don’t see it go up. The issue started after i replaced my dash lights with some LED’s but I don’t see as to how that could be a problem. I have replaced the stator, rotor and rectifier but it still doesn’t charge. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Rotor and stator are not new but used from another CB750 project I have but they appeared to be in good condition.

Recharging issues rarely present "over time" but can happen. Trace all wires from the stator to the RR, to the battery. Look for breaks and bad/corroded connections.

Find the three wires exiting the stator cover. With a DVOM set on A/C voltage check for voltage that rises and falls with the bikes RPM
The stator is three phase and you should get about 25vac out of those wires at 3000RPM. If good then locate the rectifier bridge and check for AC volts into the rectifier and DC volts out to battery. Wiring and fuses and connections checked is implied.

Back