• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750K or CB700 nighthawk S

Nicko68

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct spot to post this. I currently own an 82 CB750K, that needs some work, but I was contemplating on getting an 84 CB700 nighthawk S too. For the guys that know most about these, is the 750 ultimately the better choice to restore? Keep in mind, the 700 is in better shape, however the project in mind is to build a cafe racer, if possible. Just not sure which platform would be better.

is the nighthawk roadworthy? why not have one to ride while working on the other? if the nighthawk is not road ready,,i would just stick with the 750. a lot more parts are available and a more popular platform to work with. the 700's were only around a short time three or four years and unlike the dohc 750's never seemed to be very popular. they and some other models like shadow 700 were built just to avoid the import tarriffs of the time and after the tarrif was lifted honda went back to the 750's

is the nighthawk roadworthy? why not have one to ride while working on the other? if the nighthawk is not road ready,,i would just stick with the 750. a lot more parts are available and a more popular platform to work with. the 700's were only around a short time three or four years and unlike the dohc 750's never seemed to be very popular. they and some other models like shadow 700 were built just to avoid the import tarriffs of the time and after the tarrif was lifted honda went back to the 750's

Yes the 700 is roadworthy, but you pretty much cleared it up for me! I think ill just stick to rebuilding the 750 since it was the more popular bike and has more parts to offer. Thanks for the help!

Back