• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Restore or Cafe??

Motonoob78

Fried chicken & Gasoline
Reaction score
Still in the initial stages of building my 78 cb750 and have some important decisions to make. I'm new to this forum and am immediately blown away by the amount of great info on here, kudos to you all. Style is obviously a subjective thing, but I am sure there are cardinal sins to watch out for in a long term project. Basically what are some considerations that are common in making the choice on build type? At this point I am leaning toward a cafe build simply because the bike I bought has a different engine than what it would have come with. Number on the case is CB750E-1025747. From what I've read this should be from a K0, right? The pistons are 300's also.

Yes that is a late K0 motor...those are the good ones as far as power...the earlier the better. Beings it is not a mostly original bike then do what you want. Everyone is beating the cafe build thing to death. A bike that looks like a racer and a stock motor always makes me :doh: :rolleyes: ...if your gonna build something that looks like a "racer" then make the thing at least somewhat fast and good handling. I'm not a huge fan of the cafe thing...I like a more original look of the 750 as it was a classic look. But do what you want its your bike.

Thanks for the input guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a huge error and cutting up something that could be more valuable as a stocker.

New guy on here but not new to SOHC Honda's. Post a pix LMK what we're working with. dirtdigger is right as always! The full out cafe thing is awesome but so is a SOHC Honda with the right mods both engine & cosmetic touches.

Back