What year is my tank?

StevePearce63

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi All. Does anybody know what year this flat bottom tank is? It has the fold over lock, and has a circular design around the gas cap. It’s the same tank that was used in the cb750/rc42 build on ‘Cafe Racer Garage’ Thx

Attachments

• IMG_4739.jpeg
    IMG_4739.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4741.jpeg
    IMG_4741.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4750.jpeg
    IMG_4750.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4742.jpeg
    IMG_4742.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4748.jpeg
    IMG_4748.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 9
I had a perfect one on my bike until last week. I live and travel in a motorhome and I have a car hauling trailer that I use to carry the bike and a Jeep Wrangler. I was unloading the Jeep and just as the engine started my foot slipped off the clutch. The Jeep jumped the chocks and slammed into the side of the bike and put a pretty awful crease in the tank.
All the correct tanks currently for sale on ebay are in pretty shitty condition and going for around $300 plus shipping. I hate to pay that kind of money for a tank that'll take another $300-$400 to body work and paint. I placed an ad on this forum but no answers yet. At least I can still get the 10th anniversary stripe kit from Vintage CB750 ($150-ish), but I need to find a nice tank first.

Old crow, how bad is the dent? Brickhouse Builds did a video using an innertube to push a dent out and it worked pretty well.

Here, now you can cry with me. :mad: Paint job was almost perfect, what looks like corrosion on the top is really pollen. Still holds gas and was running fine when we loaded it on the trailer. Now it doesn't want to start. When I get a chance I'm going to pull the tank and see what else I knocked loose. Bike was still tied down and only moved a few inches when I hit it. Knocked the mounting pin off the side cover too, but I can put that back on with JB Weld.

20240424_174347.jpg

Damn, nasty crease. You don't seem to have anything to lose trying to knock that out.

Back