• Enter the May CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Was trying to disassemble the Carburetor but ran into a problem.

kingjess25

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Im not sure what it is called but it seems to be stuck and does not want to budge. I think it's called the throttle valve. One of the carb's slid right out, but the one's on the other three carbs are stuck. Any body have any advice on how to remove it? thanks
unnamed1.jpg

I used chem-dip carb cleaner in the gallon bucket you can buy it at most part stores for about 15 bucks?? I soaked my for about an hour then check after about two hours my came loose. I also straped a little palm hand sander to the side of the can the vibration on the can seems to help clean. believe me I am no carb man this is just what I did

chem dip is good,but but doesnt seem to be as good as it used to be. i have used a old crockpot with dawn dishwashing soap or lemon juice and the sander on the side before, it worked pretty well, basically just a homemade ultrasonic is all. gonna need to take it easy though once you start prying on the slide.

Back