• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Under Seat Electronics & Heat

millsmobile

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an under seat tray in my bike that houses the battery, M-Unit, ignition switch, and starter solenoid. The regulator/rectifier and CDI unit are both mounted to the outside of the box. I'm going to clean up the wiring and would love to get everything under the seat. Curious if these two things would be ok in an enclosed space like that? Too much heat, or nothing to worry about? I have no idea why they're on the outside, other than the previous owners layout choices would have made them hard to fit.

I've seen R/Rs put under the seat in a tray but I wonder if the air flow for those (usually paired with a lithium ion battery) don't need so much.

But make sure the opening isn't going to catch mud and dirt that soon up from the rear tire.

I've seen R/Rs put under the seat in a tray but I wonder if the air flow for those (usually paired with a lithium ion battery) don't need so much.
Yah I mean it seems like it would be ok, but also the r/r is designed like a heat sink so I figured it was worth asking.

Can you put some vent/drain holes in the bottom floor of the box? Maybe spread apart for moving air to enter and exit.
There are definitely some extra holes in it already haha, and will be at least one more if I can successfully reroute all the wires. No idea why, but 1/2 of the wires go along the side of the box and then in instead of in the actual entrance that's tucked under the seat.

Back